If you are dreaming of studying in Europe, then you should be looking at scholarships in Germany for international students. There is a good number of universities and institutions that provide financial assistance for international students to study in Germany.
Germany is arguably the best economy in Europe and one of the desired destinations attracting students from all around the world to live and study. Germany has a very high-standard University educational system.
You can study in Germany on scholarship at some of the top universities in the country. You can win a different range of German scholarships that will cover your full tuition fees, accommodation, and monthly stipends.
In this article, we are going to guide you on how to apply for scholarships in Germany for international students and the eligibility criteria for applying for scholarships successfully.
Scholarships In Germany For International Students 2023/2024
1. DAAD Scholarships – Apply Now
DAAD Scholarships is a fully funded scholarship for international students in Germany. For students who want to apply for this scholarship must be a student reading a master’s or PhD at one of the top Universities in Germany.
As DAAD scholarships beneficially, you have also entitled to monthly stipends of 850 and 1,200 euros for masters and PhD students respectively. See More Details And Apply Here.
2. Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship – Apply Now
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship is one of the fully funded scholarships in Germany for international students. The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship is available for students taking courses at the masters or the PhD levels.
These scholarships cover the beneficiary’s tuition fees, accommodation, and up to € 850 and € 1,200 monthly stipends for master and PhD respectively. See More Details And Apply Here.
3. Neufert-Foundation Scholarships – Apply Now
The applications for the Neufert-Foundation Scholarships open annually for international students to study in Germany. This scholarship covers students who are pursuing masters degrees in Architecture.
This Neufert-Foundation scholarship provides students with tuition fees, and other benefits to students in architecture studies areas such as landscaping and urban development. To apply, you must have completed your Bachelor’s degree and begun a Masters program. See More Details And Apply Here.
4. Jacobs University Bremen Scholarships -Apply Now
Students looking for scholarships in Germany for International students can apply for the Jacobs University Bremen Scholarships. These are fully funded scholarships for international students.
As a Jacobs University Bremen Scholarships winner, you must be a master degree student. These are merit-based scholarships that provide scholarship winners with an amount of about € 12,000 per year. See More Details And Apply Here.
5. Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship – Apply Now
Masters and PhD students who want to study in Germany may consider studying with the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship. Students from all over the world can apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students that cover the entire duration of the number of years the scholarship recipient is studying. See More Details And Apply Here.
6. Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Foundation Scholarship – Apply Now
Fund your international studies with the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Foundation Scholarship. The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Foundation Scholarship is a fully funded opportunity in Germany.
Recipients of the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Foundation Scholarship receive up to EUR 850 monthly stipend, baby and family allowance, and health insurance cover. See More Details And Apply Here.
7. SBW Berlin Scholarship – Apply Now
SBW Berlin Scholarship is currently open for international students and is looking for brilliant students with financial disabilities to fund their studies abroad. This scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students.
The scholarship offers a 100% tuition fee waiver, monthly stipend, accommodation and travel allowance, and many more benefits. SBW Berlin Scholarship provides the following benefits:
- A room in our shared student flats in Berlin
- Cost-of-living allowance in the amount calculated in section IX.
- Tuition fees
- Possibly also a travel allowance for your journey to Berlin before the start of your studies and for the journey home after you have completed your studies
- See More Details And Apply Here.
8. Humboldt Research Fellowship Scholarship – Apply Now
The Humboldt Research Fellowship Scholarship is one of the top scholarships in Germany that fund International students. The scholarship provides financial assistance for students who are taking post-doctoral studies.
Details on the scholarship coverage are provided below:
- A monthly fellowship of 2,670 EUR for postdoctoral researchers (doctorate completed within the last four years).
- A monthly fellowship of 3,150 EUR for postdoctoral researchers (doctorate completed within the last 12 years).
- Intensive German language course for fellows and their marital partners.
- Additional financial support for accompanying family members
- See More Details And Apply Here.
9. Deutsches Museum Scholar In Residence Program – Apply Now
Deutsches Museum Scholar-in-Residence Program invites applications from international students who intend to work for six to twelve months on science and technology projects at Deutsches Museum Germany.
The Deutsches scholarship program is offered for postdoctoral or pre-doctoral research students. This scholarship provides € 30,000 stipend per annum for qualified students. The specific scholarship benefits are,
- Pre-doctoral stipends: € 15,000 (full year).
- Post-doctoral stipends: € 30,000 (full year).
- See More Details And Apply Here.
10. IMB International PhD Program– Apply Now
If your dream is to study in Germany on scholarship, the IMB International PhD Program is currently open. IMB International PhD Program is a fully funded scholarship.
Applicants for the scholarship should be students who are interested in furthering their PhD degree in Mainz, Germany. The International PhD Program (IPP) tackles important issues linked to Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability overarching theme. See More Details And Apply Here.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship – Apply Now
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships are open for applications. The scholarships are fully funded scholarships for international students who wish to undertake studies in Germany.
The scholarship department is funded by the Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt) Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship is available for both master’s and PhD degree programs.
These scholarships will provide 1350€ per month. Additional lump sum payments of 100€ to cover research costs and further health care subsidies are also provided. See More Details And Apply Here
Other Recommended Scholarships:
- DAAD Scholarships In Germany 2023
- Germany Scholarships (Fully Funded) 2023/2024
- Université de Montréal Scholarship – Canada 2023/2024
- McGill University Scholarship 2023/2024
- University of Calgary Scholarships 2023-2024
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship In Germany 2023
- SBW Berlin Scholarship 2023 In Germany (Fully Funded)
- Humboldt Research Fellowship Scholarship 2023
- Deutsches Museum Scholar In Residence Program
In this post, we looked at scholarships in Germany for international students and how to apply for such scholarships. We also looked at the criteria for applying for International student scholarships in Germany.