DAAD Scholarships in Germany 2023 for International Students is finally opened. We bring such great news to students who are dreaming of pursuing higher studies in Germany.
International students who are interested in studying in Germany have the chance of applying to more than 750 scholarships available at the top universities in Germany and DAAD scholarships is only one of them.
DAAD Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students who are interested to pursue masters and PhD degree programs at top universities in Germany.
Germany is such a beautiful country with a lot of great opportunities. This write-up will thoroughly explain DAAD scholarships offered at top universities in Germany.
Germany is one of the strongest countries in the world, embracing diverse cultures and different entertainment and adventures suitable for school and work balance. Interestingly, students are allowed to work whilst schooling. Great right?
DAAD scholarships cover monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
DAAD Scholarships Overview
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Science
- Program Period: Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarships Benefits
DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2023 offers the following benefits:
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for master programs or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- One-off study allowance.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester).
Eligible Criteria for DAAD Scholarships 2023
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2023, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- English or German are the required languages.
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years of professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarships 2023
To apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023, please follow the following step-by-step application procedure:
Can you Apply for more than one course under DAAD scholarship?
You can apply for up to three courses. If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the according application form!
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- Signed DAAD application form with the current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample Europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with the current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with the current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and an official stamp and must be of the current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that prove a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description in the Brochure and on the respective websites. The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered.
Step-by-Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarships:
- Chose suitable courses of your interest. (You can apply for maximum of three courses)
- Apply to universities offering that courses.
- You send your complete application(s) (with the above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD through email)
- The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!
In this post, we shared with you, information on DAAD scholarships in Germany and how you can apply. Kindly share with others if this has been helpful.