Good news! Registration for the 2022 senior certificate examinations is currently open. The opening date is 1 october 2021 and the closing date is 31 january 2022. Please hurry before the opening closes.
How to register to rewrite your matric exams
Register at any education district office or online.
Adults that qualify to write the 2022 Senior Certificate examination must register for the examination from 01 October 2021 until 31 January 2022. Candidates may register at any provincial education office (which includes the provincial head office, the district office or a circuit office) OR register online on www.eservices.gov.za.
To be registered you will need to submit the following:
- Completed registration form
- A certified copy of your ID document or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates)
- Repeater candidates must attach a copy of their previous highest qualification
- If you have you entered and wrote any other Grade 12 or equivalent examination before you will need to supply the examination numbers for those exams.
The following candidates will qualify for admission to the Senior Certificate:
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
- a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or
- a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven). stating that they have passed Grade 9 or Standard 7; or
- a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
- Adult candidates who are 21 years and older with an incomplete NSC may choose to complete the NSC, or convert to the Senior Certificate. Should the candidate choose to convert to the Senior Certificate, they may not revert to the NSC and attempt to complete the NSC qualification.
- Adult candidates who have already obtained a qualification but wish to improve their results/status.