Table of Contents
SBW Berlin Scholarship 2023 is looking for young, goal-oriented students who wish to pursue their studies in Germany on scholarship for the 2023/2024 academic year.
SBW Berlin Scholarship is currently open for international students and is looking for brilliant students with financial disabilities to fund their studies abroad. This scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students.
The scholarship is offered for both undergraduate and masters studies. The scholarship offers a 100% tuition fee waiver, monthly stipend, accommodation and travel allowance, and many more benefits.
SBW Berlin supports educational projects all over the world. With our SBW Berlin Scholarship, we contribute to the international advancement and dissemination of education and knowledge.
SBW Berlin was founded in 2018 by Stefan Wienecke and Anika Maneva. Their vision is a world in which all people will have equal opportunities to develop their talents and capabilities to develop nations.
Scholarships are awarded for Bachelor’s and Master’s programs in Berlin and Potsdam on the basis of the student’s academic qualifications, personal aptitudes, and social needs.
SBW Berlin Scholarship Overview
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): SBW Berlin
- Study in: Germany
- Available Courses : All fields
- Program duration: depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline: May 15 to June 30 / November 15 to December 31
SBW Berlin Scholarship Benefits
SBW Berlin Scholarship provides the following benefits:
- A room in our shared student flats in Berlin
- Cost-of-living allowance in the amount calculated in section IX.
- Tuition fees
- Possibly also a travel allowance for your journey to Berlin before the start of your studies and for the journey home after you have completed your studies
SBW Berlin Scholarship Eligible Criteria
Applicants must note the following:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Age Limitation: 18-30 years old
- Applicants should be before the start of their university education or fully enrolled in the first, second or max. third semester at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or application for a Master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree. Average grades correspond with a German grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Applicants who are able to prove a relatively low net income. The total household income of the applicants does not exceed the average income which has been officially stated for their home country. The income of all household members and all sources of income of the family (e.g. from employment, business activities, property, child benefit or pensions) will be taken into account.
Extra-curricular Activities Experience: Applicants who have professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector.
How to Apply for SBW Berlin Scholarship
Applicants should have admission, acceptance or evidence of eligibility to a university in Berlin or Potsdam.
(1) Fill in the application form.
(2) Fill in your personal and contact information and add your photograph.
(3) Provide information about your current and previous education.
(4) Provide information about the following:
- Your parents and members of your household.
- Most recent school or university certificate
- Highest school leaving certificate
- Highest obtained a university degree
- Current occupation and desired career
- Training, in case of applications for vocational training
- Internships and professional experience
- Your skills, hobbies and interests
- Travel abroad experience
- Volunteering experience
(5) Include the following documents:
- Motivation letter (1 or 2 pages long)
- Copy of your last school or university certificate that shows your grade point average
and a grade overview
- copy of your highest academic degree (high school diploma or university certificate) with
your grade point average and a grade overview
If available, copies of the following documents as well:
- University admission or evidence of your qualification for university entrance
- Copy of an internationally recognized language certificate for the language in which your
studies will be taught
- All previous work, training, apprenticeship and internship certificates and references
- If you have already started studying: all so far obtained university certificates and records
of achievements (graded and ungraded)
We recommend all applicants submit the following additional documents, which are not mandatory:
- one or two letters of recommendation from professors, schoolteachers, employers, etc.
- evidence of the net household income
Note: Non-certified copies and translations are sufficient for the application. If the applicant successfully passes the selection process, certified copies of some of those documents will be required during the verification process.
(6) The application and all enclosed certificates and supporting documents must be submitted in
German or English via email to [email protected]
The final decision on whether a scholarship (starting the following semester) will be granted can be
expected at the beginning of February respectively the beginning of August of each year.
Other Recommended Scholarships
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship In Germany 2023
- DAAD Scholarships In Germany 2023
- Scholarships For International Students 2023/2024 -Fully Funded
- Université de Montréal Scholarship – Canada 2023/2024
- McGill University Scholarship 2023/2024
- University of Waterloo Scholarship For International Students 2023/2024
At this point, we assume that you have gathered enough information on the SBW Berlin Scholarship 2023, how to apply for the SBW Berlin Scholarship, and the eligibility criteria. Kindly share with others.