Table of Contents
If your dream is to study in Germany on scholarship, the IMB International PhD Program is currently open for the 2023/2024 academic year.
IMB International PhD Program 2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students who are interested in furthering their PhD degree in Mainz, Germany.
The International PhD Program (IPP) tackles important issues linked to Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability overarching theme.
IMB International program provides the chance for talented and passionate learners to pursue PhD studies at the cutting edge of contemporary biology.
The program is coordinated by the Institute of Molecular Biology, a centre of excellence in life sciences that was recently established. Participating organizations are at:
- Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB).
- Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU).
- University Medical Centre (UMC).
IMB International Program Overview
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): IMB
- Study in: Mainz, Germany
- Deadline: May 03, 2023 / November 26, 2023
- Courses Offered:
- Systems biology
- Applied physics
- Cell and developmental biology
IMB International Program Benefits
IMB International PhD Program covers Costs for accommodation and travel.
IMB International PhD Program Eligibility
Candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Information required for application (click here to download an example)
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc).
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honors or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words).
- Details on research stay abroad during studies (if any).
- Details of past research experiences.
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum of 300 words) and your conference contributions (title of presentation, date and location of the conference).
- Which groups you are interested in working with; up to 5 may be selected. Please note: not all groups offer projects in every call.
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the IPP and your chosen groups as well as your scientific goals (maximum of 300 words).
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB).
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
– University studies as far as completed.
(including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
– English language test certificate (not mandatory, only if available).
– High school certificate (if available).
How to Apply for IMB International PhD Program
Please follow the step-by-step procedure to apply successfully.
- Online registration from here.
Register online with your contact details and the details of at least two referees. Referees should be senior scientists, such as group leaders or professors at a university or research institute. These referees should know you well.
- Online application form.
Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a link to your personalized online application form by e-mail. You find this link at the end of a guideline on how to apply The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents.
As the form cannot be saved, we strongly advise you to prepare the necessary information before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
- Interview days.
About 25 – 30 shortlisted students will be invited to Mainz for interviews from 24 – 26 June 2021. The interviews will be held over 3 days and include presentations by the Group Leaders and the applicants as well as in-depth interviews with the group(s) you could imagine working with. Costs for accommodation and travel (also intercontinental) are covered by the IPP.
Other Recommended Scholarships:
Scholarships In Germany For International Students 2023/2024
In this post, we shared information on the IMB International PhD Program In Germany, how to apply for the scholarship and the eligibility criteria. We hope this will help you in your journey to study in Germany.