can your uif be declined

Can My UIF Claim Be Declined?

Can my UIF claim be declined? Indeed it is a multimillion question many have been asking as far as the short-term relief fund is concerned.

The UIF has many benefits that serve as a relief to applicants and beneficiaries who are unable to work due to some reasons.


Some of the reasons may include, maternity leave, loss of job, parental leave, and other factors. Also, dependents of UIF contributors are entitled to UIF benefits when the contributor passes away.

The South African labor ministry has mandated all employers as well as employees to contribute their quota to the fund to serve as a security in the near future when the need be.

Casual workers who work more than 24 hours in a month are entitled to contribute to the fund as the law has already highlighted.

Every worker’s daily remuneration multiplied by 12 months divided by 365 days in the year equals the amount you would need to pay as a contribution to the fund.

Whilst employees are to pay 1% of their daily remuneration, employers are also to add up another 1% making it 2% as a quota of the UIF contribution.

Can My UIF Claim Be Declined?
Can My UIF Claim Be Declined?

If you are a UIF contributor, you can apply for their benefits on the uFiling website

In this article, we will throw more light on some factors that can lead to the rejection of your claim as a claimant/contributor.

Some frequently asked questions will also be elaborated on in this post.

Can My UIF Claim Be Declined?

Oh yes, as a claimant, your UIF claim can be declined/rejected but the managers of the fund must give out a reason to the effect.

The basis on which your UIF claim can be declined has many dimensions. They include;

  • Incomplete UIF application
  • Incorrect forms
  • Incorrect employment records
  • Incorrect information

Information regarding your UIF form application must always stand genuine in other to avoid rejection of claims.

Any of the numbered reasons if not worked out well or corrected during the uFiling may result in your claim being rejected.


Other Important Links On UIF benefits

As a contributor to the UIF, you are entitled to your claims only if you have been contributing your quota to the fund.

In a situation where a contributor is been suspended from work or resigns, he/she cannot claim the benefits.

You can only be paid if the commission for conciliation, mediation, and arbitration takes your resignation into consideration.


How Long Does UIF Take to be Approved?

UIF doesn’t take long to be approved. Once you have all your information complete, your approval wouldn’t take long. Unemployment claims take 15 days for approval whilst maternity claims take 5 days.

How Do I Know UIF Claim Has Been Approved?

It seems hectic to others on the event to know whether their UIF claim has been approved.

It’s very simple here, to know if your UIF claim has been approved, kindly use the BizProfile Portal option to crosscheck if your application has been approved.

The BizProfile portal will display your compensation Fund and your UIF registration numbers.

This post has provided information on Can my UIF claim be declined. If the information given is helpful, you can share this post to have an impact on others.