Table of Contents
How Can I Check My UIF Claim Status Online? Apparently, every applicant or contributor to the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) would be glad to know his/her UIF claim status as he/she applies.
The initiative by the South African government is aimed at saving 2% of monthly remuneration paid by employees and employers and paying them back when the need arises.
Employees who are out of their jobs due to some reasons, be it maternity leave, parental leave, and other factors are been paid by the fund when any of the aforementioned crops up.
Many are of the view that casual workers are not entitled to pay UIF contributions but that isn’t the case.
Casual workers who work more than 24 hours a month meet the credit hours of the fund and that gives out the green light for them to pay their contributions to the fund.
In this article, we would take you through the ranks and files in checking your UIF claim status online and other frequently asked questions.
How To Check Your UIF Claim Status Online?
Checking your UIF claim status online is done in two folds that are by using the old method or by using the new method.
The old method of checking your UIF deals with visiting any nearby labor office in your neighborhood to check your claim status.
As we say culture is dynamic, and the world has also turned into a global village of which your claim status can be checked just a click away.
Here is how to check your UIF claim status online;
- Log onto the official UIF website at www.uFiling.co.za status check
- Click on the check my status icon
- Follow the prompts
- Enter the captcha figures displayed on the screen
- Enter your UIF reference number at the final stage to check your claim status
Note that after all these steps are concluded, you would receive a notification on your phone displaying your UIF claim status.
That notwithstanding, you can also check your UIF claim status via Email.
The following are the steps to check your UIF claim status online via Email without moving to any labor office;
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Your name, Identification, and UIF registration number should be provided in the mail.
Frequently Asked Questions On UIF (FAQs)
What Documents are Required to Claim UIF Maternity Benefits Online?
To claim UIF maternity leave benefits online, you need completed copies of the following documents;
- 13-digit bar-coded ID or passport
- Form UI-19 – (must be completed by the employer)
- Form UI-2.7 – (must be completed by the employer)
- Form UI-2.8 – (for banking details)
- Form UI-2.3 (application form)
- Form UI-4 (follow-up form)
- Medical certificate from a doctor or birth certificate of the baby
Who Qualifies For UIF Maternity Benefits?
To qualify for UIF Maternity benefits you must;
- be working more than 24 hours a month for an employer
- Not be a learner
- Not be a public servant
- Not be a foreigner working on a contract
- Not be a worker who gets a monthly State (old age) pension
- Not be a worker who only earns a commission.
Aside from the above, you must have worked for more than 13 weeks before you submitted your application to claim UIF maternity leave benefits to the Department of Labour.
Also, ensure that you submit your application before the child is born or within 12 months of childbirth.
Important Links on UIF Maternity Benefits
- How To Apply For UIF Maternity Benefits Online
- Does UIF Money Expire If I Do Not Claim? – Answer
- How Do I Check UIF Status? – Track UIF Status Online
- How Do I Check My UIF Balance Online
- UIF Online Application – How To Apply
- Why Is My SASSA R350 Grant Declined? – Answer
- 6 Reasons Why You Have Not Received Your SASSA R350 Grant Payment
This post has provided information on how to Check My UIF Claim Status Online. We hope that this post has been helpful.