UP Online Application Portal is open for students who are submitting applications to the University of Pretoria.
This page will provide you with more information on what you need to access the UP online application portal.
If You have not already gathered relevant information on the University of Pretoria online application, see here for an extensive guide.
Before starting the University of Pretoria online application on the UP Online application Portal, students will basically need;
- A working email address
- your South African identity number
- If you are an international applicant, your passport number
Table of Contents
UP Online Application Portal Requirement
The list below specifies the general application requirements for your University of Pretoria online application.
- A prospective student must complete only one online application.
- All applicants should fill in both a first and second choice on the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number.
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet.
- You must ensure that you complete your own online application.
- Distance Education students are encouraged to visit the “Distance Education ” website before they apply.
- It is important to note that should you wish to study the selection programs BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture), you must indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programs.
- It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programs as your first choice on the online application.
UP Online Application 2023 Opening Date
The opening date for the University of Pretoria online application 2023 is April 1, 2022.
Prospective students are encouraged to only begin their application to the University of Pretoria on or after this date.
Applicants cannot access the portal until this date. This means you cannot make your online application before the opening date.
UP Online Application 2023 Closing Date
The University of Pretoria online application portal 2023 closing date is June 30, 2022.
Note that, the university will not process any applications received after the closing date.
Students applying to UP in all programs must do well to apply before the closing date.
|UP Online Application 2023 Opening Date
|UP Online Application 2023 Closing Date
|April 1, 2022
|June 30, 2022
Before you begin to apply, you must see this article on the University of Pretoria Online portal required documents.
Before starting the application process, please:
- Review the checklist at the end of this document, to take notice of all pre-requisites. You will need to have certain information ready, as well as certain supporting documents available electronically, without which you will not be able to complete your online application.
You will only be able to submit your online application once on the UP application portal you have:
- Completed the full online application form, AND
- Uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .pdf format, AND
- Either paid the application fee by credit card OR uploaded proof of bank deposit at Standard Bank, Account Number 012602604 (see checklist).
- If you have not clicked APPLY, your form has not been submitted.
Once your application has been successfully submitted after you have clicked VERIFY and APPLY on the UP online application portal:
- You will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the Online Application system.
- You will be informed by email what your allocated student number (EMPLID) is.
- You will also be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress and application results on the student portal.