The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship has officially opened applications for the second cycle of 2023-2024 applicants. The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fantastic opportunity to study abroad, take in a new culture, expand your network by studying with students from other nations, and develop your own school of thought. The scholarship is available to prospective graduate students who are keen to get the skills necessary for a successful career as well as professional growth.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) offer a unique opportunity to individuals from a low or middle-income Commonwealth country to study a two-year Master’s degree. The scholarship assists students in upgrading their competency during the scholarship period and helps them acquire competitive skills needed for their future careers. The scholarship is a life-changing experience for students to experience a new country, and new culture, broaden their minds, and provide room for students to build a global network that will be beneficial to them in the future.
Let’s dive into more details on the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship.
Table of Contents
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2023-2024
Host Countries for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
Host Universities for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
The host universities for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship are;
- The University of the South Pacific
- University of Eswatini (UNESWA)
- Stellenbosch University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Pretoria
- University of Colombo
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Eligibility Criteria for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
To be eligible for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship;
- You must be a citizen of one of the commonwealth countries
- You must have earned a 2:1 or higher in your undergraduate degree
- You must meet the university and course criteria
But, note that;
- Applicants cannot apply to their home country
- Applicants with refugee status in commonwealth countries can also apply
- There is no age limit indicated for the application of this scholarship
Benefits of the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
The scholarship covers;
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to the host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research Support Grant (on request only; subject to approval)
Each university has its application standard and courses available at its institution. You can check the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship official website to identify the course available at each institution and the application button to apply.
Note that the application is done online. The application forms include; Eligibility, Personal Details, Academic & Employment Records, Course at host university details, Statements and supporting documents (including references)
- Once open the QUEC official website, Register
- After registering on the portal, you will get a confirmation email
- Log in and fill out the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships application form.
- Note that Students are required to fill out the scholarship application alongside the university application
- Provide all required details correctly and make available all required documents
- Applicants must apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships by clicking on each university’s “apply now” option.
- Select the university, check the requirement and criteria for the specific course, and apply.
- The deadline for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023-2024 is 24th May 2023 at 15:00 (UTC)
For more inquiries check the official website of the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship.
- Oxford Executive Diploma Scholarship for Women 2023| Apply Now
- Monash University International Pharmacy Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023.
- OpenLearn Online Courses with Free Certificate 2023| Enrol Now
- The UCL Global Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Moving To The USA In 2023
Frequently Asked Questions on the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
Who can apply for a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QECS)?
Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country.
Can I apply for a QECS in my home country/country of citizenship?
No. Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship. Refugees should apply as if they were a citizen of the country that has offered them refugee status.
What do I do if the link in the myACU registration email doesn’t work?
If the direct link does not take you to the application form, please use https://crm.acu.ac.uk/user/login to access the myACU portal. Once you log in you will be able to access the application form through the link in the ‘QECS applications open’ announcement.
Is there an age limit for QECS awards?
No. There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
Can I apply for a QECS to study in Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the UK?
No. The QECS awards are only hosted by low and middle income countries. Therefore these awards will not be hosted in high income countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the UK.
I have started a course but am unable to pay for the tuition fees, can I apply for a QECS to pay these fees?
No. QECS awards are only for new students and cannot be used to fund a course that has already been started.
Can I apply for a QECS to study for an undergraduate degree?
No. QECS are for Master’s degrees only.
Can I apply for a QECS to study for a PhD?
No. QECS are for Master’s degrees only.
The Masters course that I am interested in is longer than two years, can I apply for a QECS for this course?
No. The QECS will only fund Master’s courses with a maximum duration of two years.
If you find yourself eligible for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship,then go for it. Do not waste time. Apply Now!