Programming Course: Harvard University is famous for the quality of its education and its dedication to providing opportunities for learning that are accessible to all. Its free online programming course is one such option. People have a fantastic opportunity to learn programming abilities and deepen their understanding of the subject through these courses. Harvard University’s free online programming course offers a multitude of resources and learning materials to help you reach your goals, whether you are a beginner wishing to dip your toes into coding or an expert programmer hoping to increase your knowledge.
We will examine the advantage and opportunities offered by this course in this post and examine how they can advance your programming career.
Table of Contents
Harvard University Free Online Programming Course
Harvard University is a renowned research university and a member of the IVY League. It offers free courses in a variety of subjects, including programming, business, health and medicine, humanities, social science, programming, education, and training. The majority of courses are taught in English, and it is ranked as the best university in the world by both the Best Global Universities Ranking and the World University Rankings.
There are no IELTS or TOEFL requirements to enrol in courses at Harvard University, and the majority of the courses are offered in English. Students who successfully complete the course can also receive a verified certificate. Students can enrol in and complete self-paced online courses at Harvard University as per their schedule and time available.
One of the free online courses offered by Harvard University is the Programming course; CS50’s Introduction to Programming with Scratch.
This programming course from Harvard University; An introduction to programming using the visual programming language Scratch, will enable would-be programmers to create code by dragging and dropping graphical blocks (which resemble puzzle pieces) rather than by typing out text.
Scratch was created at MIT’s Media Lab and is used at the beginning of Harvard College’s basic computer science course, CS50. It will allow students without any programming knowledge to create their own animations, games, interactive art, and tales. This course uses Scratch to expose students to the fundamentals of programming, which are present in both Scratch and more conventional text-based languages (such as Java and Python).
Included in the list of topics are functions, which are simply instructions that carry out tasks; return values, which are the outcomes that function produce; conditions, which let programmes decide whether or not to take a certain action; loops, which let programmes repeat actions; variables, which let programmes store data; and more. In the end, this course prepares students for later programming courses.
The course duration is 3 weeks and students will have to dedicate 2 to 6 hours per week to complete the course. The course starts from now until 31 December 2023 but the course is self-paced.
Also, the course is available on the Edx platform; students will have to register and create an account on the Edx platform to have access. Instructors of this course are experts from the Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Science and Harvard University.
Benefits of Harvard University Free Online Programming Course
Harvard University Free Online Programming course provides a lot of benefits these including;
- The course is free. Students will not pay any amount of money to enrol on this course
- You get certified by one of the best universities in the world
- The course is open to everyone. There is no age, race or nationality limit.
- You get a verified certificate but at a fee of $199
- You get a free audit
- The course is self-paced. Students get to take the course and progress at their own speed.
- You get the opportunity to be taught by experts in the field of engineering; David J. Malan (Gordon McKay Professor of the Practice of Computer Science, Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences).
How to Apply for Harvard University Free Online Programming Course
- Visit the Official Harvard University Free Online Courses Website
- Check out the courses section and Select Computer Science
- After selecting Computer Science, select the CS50’s Introduction to Programming with Scratch course
- Click on Learn More button. This will open a new tab detailing all you have to know about the course
- Click the ‘Enrol’ button
- You will then Register an Account on Edx
- After, Sign in and enrol for the Harvard online course; you can start learning right after registration.
Official Website for Harvard University Free Online Courses
To access the Harvard University Free Online Computer Science Course visit https://www.edx.org/course/cs50s-introduction-to-programming-with-scratch
- Harvard University Free Online Computer Science Course. Enrol Now
- Harvard University Free Online Courses 2023
- Best Free Online Courses for Economics Students
- Stanford University Free Online Courses 2023
In conclusion, the free online programming course offered by Harvard University is a great method to start learning programming and improving your understanding of the subject. This course offers a special chance to study with top-notch professors and get free access to excellent educational resources. You can build a strong foundation in programming, discover new languages and frameworks, and master the abilities required to be successful in a variety of programming professions by taking advantage of these courses.
Harvard University’s free online programming courses provide doors to a world of opportunities, whether you’re a student, a working person wishing to change careers, or just a passionate coder. So, why wait? Enrol in this course today and embark on a transformative journey that will enhance your programming prowess and unlock a world of opportunities.