Table of Contents
The University of Waterloo Scholarship for International Students 2023/2024 is finally here. The University of Waterloo has its main campus located in Waterloo, Ontario.
The University is a public research University that was specifically built to fill the need for engineers and technicians for Canada’s economy.
Canada’s economy is a developed mixed market economy. The country welcomes all races and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Studying In Canada is by far one of the greatest opportunities for international students as it paves way for them to become permanent residents of Canada after their studies.
The University is awarding a full-time program for undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D. programs. The scholarship award is worth about $10,000 per candidate.
The University of Waterloo scholarship is funded by David Johnston Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards to selected students both international and local.
University of WaterlooScholarship Overview
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution: University of Waterloo
- Country: Canada
- Courses Offered: Undergraduate, Research-based Masters and Ph.D. degrees in any subject offered by the University of Waterloo.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program.
- For Undergraduate: April 15, July 15, November 15
- For Masters and Ph.D.: Click here to view the program-specific deadline.
University of Waterloo Scholarship Benefits
The benefits attached to the University of Waterloo are as follows;
- The David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards will be awarded worth up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience, $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience, and up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience.
- International Master’s Award of Excellence is valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of 6 terms.
University of Waterloo Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible for the University of Waterloo Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- All World Countries are eligible to apply.
- Candidates with a good academic background (normally a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level; normally a minimum 75% average at the graduate level).
- The applicants must be full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any faculty who wish to participate in an international experience in Israel, including a minimally paid or volunteer international co-work placement, a volunteer placement, an academic exchange or a study term related to academic requirements.
- International students must obtain a valid Canadian study permit with a registered full-time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Normally given to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will normally only be given to students entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This award could be in addition to other internal or external scholarships.
- Normally, students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students grand-parented under the existing IMSA program cannot be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Qualified candidates will be selected by Faculties based on their academic merits. Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
How to Apply For the University of Waterloo Scholarship
Please follow the step-by-step procedure to apply successfully.
- Candidates need to secure admission at the university in undergraduate and graduate degree programs. After taking admission, candidates can access the application on their forms pages.
- Applicants need to attach a personal statement which will refer to the application form. All applicants must provide evidence of their English language ability to meet the minimum requirements for admission.
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the International Master’s Award of Excellence scholarship:
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission; hence no separate scholarship application is required.
- Departments and/or Faculties will select the students and nominate them for the scholarship.
- See the official website (link found below) for the application deadlines specific to each Masters’s degree program.
Other Fully Funded Scholarship Links
- Fully Funded Scholarships In Canada 2023/2024
- York University Scholarship In Canada 2023 – 2024
- University of Toronto Lester B. Pearson Scholarship 2023/2024
- University of Calgary Scholarships 2023-2024
This post has given you more insight into the University of Waterloo Scholarship opportunity. We hope this post has been helpful. Kindly share this with friends and family to benefit from this information too.