The World Bank Robert S. McNamara 2023 Fellowships Program has been opened. The Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program is calling out to all aspiring development economics researchers and students from developing countries to work with World Bank research economists.
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program creates unique opportunities for the fellows to participate in rigorous policy-relevant research in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC). Fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington, D.C. for 8 months (September to May each year) and work under the supervision of researchers in the World Bank’s Development Impact Evaluation (DIME) and Development Research Group departments, engaging in high-quality and policy-relevant research projects.
By working with World Bank DEC researchers and their external academic collaborators from top universities, you will learn current research standards, acquire new econometric skills, and network with leading researchers in their field. You will have a unique opportunity to participate in rigorous policy-relevant research and widen their perspective on potential development questions, and how their research can address challenges in the developing world.
Table of Contents
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
Benefits of The Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program
- For an eight-month fellowship, the Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program pays a competitive compensation of $44,888 per fellow, net of income taxes. This compensation is paid in monthly installments.
- Candidates who make the short list will be supervised by World Bank researchers.
- The World Bank’s HR Operations unit will assist the selected candidates with their application for G4 visa.
Eligibility Criteria of The Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program
To be eligible for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program, applicant must be;
- Nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with preference to nationals of developing countries;
- Fluent in English;
- Graduates of master’s level studies or currently pursuing a PhD in Economics or a related field;
- No more than 35 years of age (by June 30 2023);
- Available to relocate to Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship.
Application Process of the Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program
- Application is open between March and April each year. Candidates can apply only for the World Bank Robert S. Fellowship.
- During application, applicants will have the option to select if they would like to be hosted by the Development research department or the Impact evaluation department in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
- Finalists will be selected based on knowledge, application material, and statistical software skills.
- Applicant must apply for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program by 3rd April 2023 11:59 ET
- Candidates can apply here
Selection Process of the Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program
To be short-listed, applicants must submit;
- An updated CV
- A statement of purpose describing their research interests, professional objectives, and discussing their qualifications as development researchers
- Contact details for a reference who can provide a letter of recommendation (letters will only be requested for shortlisted candidates)
- A writing sample (optional)
- A code sample (optional)
NB: Check out the website of World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program for further details
- Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship 2023. Apply Now!
- Best USA Public Universities For International Students
- The Ontario Trillium Scholarships: Supporting Outstanding Graduate Students in Ontario
- The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship. Apply Now.
- 2023/2024 Fully Funded Rotary Peace Fellowship. Apply Now.
- Imperial College London Presidents PhD Scholarships. 2023
In conclusion, the World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program is a remarkable initiative that offers an excellent opportunity for young and talented researchers from developing countries to enhance their skills and knowledge in various fields related to development. Through this program, fellows can gain exposure to the latest trends and cutting-edge research in their fields of interest, and also receive mentorship and guidance from renowned experts in the development community.
The McNamara Fellowship Program is an excellent investment in the development of human capital in developing countries, as it provides fellows with the resources and support they need to pursue their research interests and contribute to the development of their home countries. The program also promotes collaboration and knowledge-sharing among fellows and with the wider development community, which can lead to innovative solutions to complex development challenges.
Overall, the World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program is a valuable program that has the potential to create a lasting impact in the lives of individuals and communities in developing countries. By supporting the professional development of young researchers, the program is helping to build a more sustainable and equitable future for all.