Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023 (Fully-funded) – The Swiss government excellence scholarships are fully funded and also target international applicants to apply and receive any benefits in that regard.
Applicants who are willing to pursue any of the master’s, Ph.D., and postdoctoral courses are highly accepted by the scheme and criteria of these scholarships hence applicants should take note of that.
These scholarships are also expecting applicants with a high level of academic excellence and who hold master’s degrees or bachelor’s degrees.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023 have a value coverage that provides benefits such as monthly payment, exemption of tuition fees, health insurance, airfare, and housing allowance to students.
These scholarships also open a platform to fend for research works for researchers for post-graduate research in any discipline who holds a master’s degree as a minimum.
In this post, applicants would be able to apply for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023 and know the eligibility criteria, and other relevant information.
Table of Contents
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023 Summary
- Level of Study: Masters, Ph.D., Postdoctoral
- Host Institution(s): Swiss Government / Swiss Universities
- Study in: Switzerland
- Deadline: Country specific. Just click here
- Gender: Men & women
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023 Coverage
The fully-funded Swill government excellence scholarships give the following benefits to all successful applicants;
- The scholarship amounts to a monthly payment of CHF 1,920
- For non-EU and non-EFTA grantees only: the FCS pays mandatory Swiss health insurance.
- There are no family allowances
- Scholarship holders from non-EU and non-EFTA countries receive a flight allowance (lump sum) for a ticket back to their country of origin (provided at the end of the scholarship).
- Special CHF 300 housing allowance (paid once at the beginning of the scholarship)
- One-year half-fare public transportation card.
- Support services and various trips, dinners, and sightseeing tours organized for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holders.
- Please refer to the country-specific fact sheets for exact scholarship benefits.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants of any of these scholarships would be eligible only if they possess the following;
- English language proficiency
- All world countries are eligible
- Master’s degree or equivalent university degree achieved before 31 July 2022 (degree certificate) recognized by the Swiss university. As a prove, the degree has to be submitted to the Federal Commission for Scholarships before the start of the scholarship.
- Applicants must be born after 31 December 1987
- Applicants who have been in Switzerland for more than one year at the beginning of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Applicants must provide a letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the research. Without such support, the application will be rejected.
- Applicants must have a research proposal including a time frame. This is the centerpiece of the application. The applicant must devote all required attention to it.
- Applicants must be in command of the necessary language skills required for the research/studies.
- Applicants who have already benefited from a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are not eligible to apply for a second scholarship.
- Scholarship holders are expected to move to Switzerland during their grant period.
How To Apply For The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023
Applicants are to follow the below instructions to have their application processed;
- Signed FCS application form (typed and printed) with a full CV with lists of academic publications, awards, and motivation letter (maximum of two pages)
- A complete research proposal (max. 5 pages, signed), using exclusively the FCS research proposal
- A copy of the letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the research.
- A short CV of the academic mentor at the home institution
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from two different professors in the applicant’s field (use exclusively the FCS reference form – originals in sealed envelopes only for the 1st set) No copies for the 2nd set.
- Photocopies of certificates and grades sheets from previously attended universities/colleges and diplomas with grades, starting with the most recent. If not in English, French, Italian, or German with attested certified translations in English. Do submit the original certificates.
- Signed medical certificate (use only the FCS health certificate form).
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport (main page with personal data) Dual nationals add copies of both passports. Applicants are already in Switzerland during the application procedure as a copy of the residence permit for Switzerland.
Below are important links to other scholarships;
- BBC News 2023 Komla Dumor Award For Africa Journalists; Apply Now
- Università Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore 2023 Masters Scholarship For African Students; Apply Now
- Top Scholarships In UK For International Students; Apply Now
- ESTU 2023 Academic Merit Scholarship For International Students; Apply Now
- Drexel University 2023 Global Scholarship Program For Students; Apply Now
- Sciences Po 2023 Émile Boutmy Scholarship For Undergraduate And Masters Students; Apply Now
Here is where we end the post and we assume applicants would follow the guidelines and instructions given above to have their application processed.