Leiden University Excellence Scholarships. The Netherlands is one of the top countries with high-class Universities and apparently Leiden University ranks among the top ones.
The scholarship is given to best-performing non-EEA/non-EFTA students enrolling in a full-time master’s degree program at Leiden University.
Students with excellent academic results from their former schools are highly considered, unlike students with low academic results from their former schools.
The scholarship also sees to it that the tuition fees of successful applicants are been covered with highly-intensive research works.
On the part of the number and type of award, the award depends on the budget available to each faculty.
In this post, applicants will be shown how to apply for Leiden University Excellence Scholarships, the eligibility criteria, and other must-know information bonding the scholarship.
Table of Contents
Leiden University Excellence Scholarships Summary
- Level of Study: Masters’s degree
- Host Institution(s): Leiden University in the Netherlands
- Study in: Netherlands
- Field of study: Any full-time Master’s programs at Leiden University excluding LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programs at Leiden Law School
- Deadline: 1 Feb/1 Oct (annual)
- The Course starts: in Sept 2023/Feb 2024.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarships Coverage
Below are the value cover of the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships;
- Tuition fee (€10,000)
- €15,000 of the tuition fee
- The LExS is not fully funded
- Non-EFA LExS recipients must submit proof of sufficient funds for their student visa/residence permit application
Leiden University Excellence Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
To become eligible for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships, applicants must bear the following qualities;
- Applicants must have achieved excellent study results in their previous education, this being relevant to the Master’s program for which they are applying.
- Applicants/students must be amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study program.
- Applicants must have a non-EFA/EFTA passport and may not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (studiefinanciering) with the exception of students applying for the LLM advanced studies programs or the MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy, for which no nationality restrictions apply.
- All EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland
How To Apply For The Leiden University Excellence Scholarships
Here is an important aspect of the application process. Follow the link below to have your application completed.
Below are some important links to other scholarships
Presumably, this post was helpful as you were taught how to apply for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships and other relevant information.