How To Register For UIF Via Fax? Management of the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) has created so many avenues (channels) for the registration of the fund by applicants.
A worker in South Africa who works more than 24 hours a month is entitled to pay his/her contribution to the fund. In the actual sense, some workers who are eligible to pay their contribution to the fund have reluctantly ignored registering for UIF.
In this case, the managers of the fund at the labour commission have made all necessary routes available for every worker who works above 24 hours a month to join the grid without necessarily visiting the labour office for physical registration.
The benefits involved as far as the fund is concerned to have had so many meaningful impacts on the livelihood of citizens of South Africa.
Casual and non-casual workers who pay their quota to the fund have had incredible result positively that has impacted their lives.
Registering for UIF has its own positive implications that help in the near future. Below are some benefits derived from Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF).
- Unemployment Benefits
- Illness Benefits
- Maternity Benefits
- Adoption Benefits
- Dependent Benefits
- Loss of part of your income
In this post, we will dive into how to register for UIF via Fax and some frequently asked questions about UIF.
Table of Contents
How To Register For UIF Via Fax?
Employers who are willing to register for UIF via fax must follow the steps below;
- Call the fax line – (You must have UI-8 for commercial employers or UI-8D for domestic/private households and UI-19 from the nearest Department of Labour or the Department of Labour’s website.)
- Fill in the forms – (Employers, as well as employees, must both have their forms completed. And also, employers without reference digits can leave this part. In this case, the managers of the fund will generate a new reference number and send it to you.)
- Fax the forms back – (Employers are then advised at this point to Fax the completed forms back to the UIF at 086 713 3000.)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are all benefits paid from the UIF tax-free?
Yes, all benefits paid from the fund to its contributors are tax-free.
How To Register For UIF Online?
Now let us go through the processes of registering for UIF online without visiting any nearby labour office for manual assistance.
- Select “Registration/register” after you visit the menu on the left of the uFiling screen.
- Register as a commercial employer or a domestic employer. Complete the rest of the form as you follow the prompts.
- After these steps, you would receive UIF registration confirmation once registration is completed.
From here, you are good to go without walking any step to the labour office.
What are the Consequences of not Paying UIF Contributions?
According to the deputy director of compliance at the UIF, the failure of employers to pay UIF contributions to its workers could lead to the employer being charged with penalties and interests.
Also, if employers are found to be non-compliant, they will be served with a notice of undertaking or order of compliance.
After the employer has been served with the aforementioned notices, a 14-day ultimatum is given to the employer after which the case will be referred before the labour court for prosecution provided the employer refuses compliance.
Does UIF Money Expire?
There is no expiry date for your UIF contributions. UIF can be claimed after 12 months provided you have your full credit days. The credit days are pegged at 4 days of which you will receive one out of the 4 days subject to 12 months.
Can an Employee Refuse to pay UIF?
No, the law governing the Unemployment Insurance Fund does not give only the employer the share to pay its contribution, but rather the employee needs to pay as well.
Important links on UIF
We hope to be on the same page with you as we were able to take you through how to register for UIF via fax and other frequently asked questions on UIF.