How To Register For UIF Via A Phone Call?
Table of Contents
How To Register For UIF Via A Phone Call? The Unemployment Insurance Fund has so many angles upon which applicants and non-applicants get in touch with the managers of the fund.
Registering with UIF might be a little bit tedious for the side of unregistered workers who qualify for contributing to the fund.
There are so many ways that UIF gives out to its clients and non-clients who are yet to register to the grid with the view of expediting their relationships and other necessary factors as far as the fund is concerned.
A worker who works more than 24 hours in a month qualifies to register for UIF, and this can be done via a phone call, email, online, and to some extent visiting any labour office.
UIF isn’t just about how to register, however, the fund contains so many aspects and categories that seem beneficial to almost all contributors.
Employees whose working hours don’t exceed 24 hours in a month do not qualify to register for UIF unless their working hours exceed 24 hours in a month.
In this post, we will be highlighting how to register for UIF through a phone call and some frequently asked questions on Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF).
How To Register For UIF On A Phone Call?
Let’s start with how to register for UIF by just placing a phone call to the basement of the fund managers without necessarily visiting any labour office for the registration of UIF.
Employers who are of the view of registering for UIF via phone must adhere to the following steps;
- Get the most crucial information ready. Necessary information concerning documents that might be needed in completing your form should be readily available. Before phoning the UIF, you must get your ID numbers and the addresses of employers and employees all ready to avoid any inconvenience between you and the fund.
- Call the UIF at (012) 337 1680 and concatenate the instructions from the UIF official.
NB: THIS TYPE OF REGISTRATION IS INACTIVE FOR NOW
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How To Register For UIF Online?
Now let us go through the processes of registering for UIF online without visiting any nearby labour office for manual assistance.
- Select “Registration/register” after you visit the menu on the left of the uFiling screen.
- Register as a commercial employer or a domestic employer. Complete the rest of the form as you follow the prompts.
- After these steps, you would receive UIF registration confirmation once registration is completed.
From here, you are good to go without walking any step to the labour office.
How many months will UIF pay?
UIF pay when you have full credit days. A day credit is received by a contributor for every four days that a contributor works.
How many times does UIF payout?
You should start earning something after eight weeks of registering. Your money will then be paid every four weeks.
Does UIF Pay a lump sum?
Yes, this is calculated depending on the issue at hand and the number of years you have contributed to the fund.
It’s mostly paid to beneficiaries of a contributor to UIF when he/she passes away.
Are all benefits paid from the UIF tax-free?
Yes, all benefits paid from the fund to its contributors are tax-free.
Important links on UIF
- How To Apply For UIF Maternity Benefits Online
- Does UIF Money Expire If I Do Not Claim? – Answer
- How Do I Check UIF Status? – Track UIF Status Online
- How Do I Check My UIF Balance Online
- UIF Online Application – How To Apply
- Why Is My SASSA R350 Grant Declined? – Answer
- 6 Reasons Why You Have Not Received Your SASSA R350 Grant Payment
In this post, we were able to highlight how to register for UIF via phone and some frequently asked questions regarding Unemployment Insurance Fund.