How To Apply For A Student Visa In Canada – 2023 – Canada is undoubtedly one of the best Countries on the globe many International students would have wished to have their tertiary education in any field.
Canada also has many Universities that form part of the best-shortlisted Universities in the world. This clearly shows that Canada is the right choice to make when choosing a country to have your study stay.
According to reports, in the year 2021, the government of Canada offered 450,000 international students a Canadian visa.
Well, as many international students have the aim to study in Canada, there are some easy steps applicants are to consider/follow in order to have access to a Canadian student visa.
In this post, you would be demonstrated the easy way to commence the process as well as how to apply for the student visa.
How To Apply For A Student Visa In Canada
Below are the step-by-step processes applicants are advised to consider in the application process.
Step 1: Get accepted by a Canadian DLI
The first step in attaining a Canadian study permit is to have accepted to one of the DLI-approved colleges in Canada. Applicants of the Canadian study permit who have been accepted to another college will be disallowed in the application process.
Well, to have in possession of a Canadian student visa you have the following;
- Be accepted to one of the DLI-approved colleges in Canada
- Pass a medical exam showing you won’t place excessive pressure on the Canadian healthcare system
- Pass a police background check showing you have no serious criminal offenses; be vaccinated against COVID-19
- Have sufficient funding to study and live in Canada and be transported to and from Canada.
Step 2: Gather documentation
This is something applicants for students visa cant forgo since it is the basis of the application process. All necessary documents must be made available before enabling the application process.
Proof of Acceptance
Applicants are to submit an acceptance letter from one of the DLI-approved colleges in Canada.
Proof of Identification
Applicants must identify themselves in the application process by providing valid documents such as a passport.
Proof of Finances
Below are the Canadian government’s measures it uses to accept proof of finances;
- Evidence of a student loan from a bank
- 4 month’s bank statements
- proof of payment if you have already paid for tuition and housing
- a guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) from a Canadian financial company
- a letter from your financial sponsor
- proof of a scholarship or financial aid
- a Bank draft that an authority can convert to Canadian dollars
- Guarantee you have a Canadian bank account if you have transferred money to Canada
Nevertheless, if applicants are not quite sure about the genuineness of the financial records, use the link below to speak to a registered Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) and sign up for evaluation.
Aside from the afore-list legit documents expected from applicants, the following are also needful in the application process;
- A letter of explanation on what to study, and what type of work you’ll be doing in Canada.
- Applicants would need an acceptance certificate from the University they are applying to have their study.
- Applicants under the age of 18 may also need a notarized Custodian declaration from a custodian living in Canada. The custodian and parents or guardians of the minor must sign the declaration.
- Applicants must have a scanner or camera to make electronic copies of their documents, and a credit or debit card to pay the application fees.
Step 3: Complete the Application
Under this step, applicants would be asked a few questions before they are allowed to upload their forms.
Step 4: Pay the fees
Applicants are to be sure of the exact amount to be paid before uploading their application
Below are the application fees for Student Visa In Canada;
- You, as the student
- Amount of funds required per year, not including tuition – CAN$10,000
- Amount of funds required per month, on top of tuition – CAN$833
- First family member
- Amount of funds required per year, not including tuition – CAN$4,000
- Amount of funds required per month, on top of tuition – CAN$333
- Every accompanying family member
- Amount of funds required per year, not including tuition – CAN$3,000
- Amount of funds required per month, on top of tuition – CAN$255
Step 5: Submit your application
Applicants upon following the above-listed instructions are to submit their application to the Canadian government. Meanwhile, the Canadian government mandates applicants to apply online via the Canadian government web portal.
Applicants with a disability, non-national residents, refugees, or stateless persons can apply on paper.
When to apply for a student visa In Canada
All prospective international applicants living outside of Canada must apply for a Canadian study permit before entering Canada. The Canadian government also recommends applicants apply during June at the latest to give their application ample processing time before the start of the new term.
Click here to enable your application process
Below are links on how to apply for scholarships;
- Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 (Fully-funded); Apply Now
- Ashesi-ETH 2023-2024 Master’s Scholarship In Mechatronic Engineering For African Students; Apply Now
- Government Of Brunei Darussalam 2023-2024 Scholarships For International Students; Apply Now
- Princeton University 2023 EITM Summer Institute Programs For Graduate Students; Apply Now
- Global Fund For Women 2023 Adolescent Girls Advisory Council Program Worldwide; Apply Now
- Einstein Forum/Wittenstein Foundation 2023 Einstein Fellowship For Researchers Worldwide; Apply Now
- Coventry University 2023 Technology Research Scholarship For International Students (Fully-funded); Apply Now
In this post, all prospective applicants were taken through the necessary steps in acquiring a student visa/ study permit from Canada.