Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 (Fully-funded) – The Honjo International Scholarship has opened applications for candidates from all world countries.
This very scholarship is offered to applicants who are willing to have their studies on master’s and Ph.D. courses. The 2023-2024 academic year give students full fund benefits.
Value coverage for successful applicants comprises monthly allowance, accommodation charges, and Travel expenses for attending an international conference.
With regards to this scholarship, it is aimed at providing quality tuition for academically good students who are battling to have their studies within diversified conditions in developing nations as well as some Japanese students having their studies abroad.
This initiative of the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation assists students to have the advancement in technologies and also improves candidates’ good intentions that will serve as a development-connecter, connecting Japan with the rest of the world in culture and mutual friendships.
At the end of this article, applicants would be able to know how to apply for the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation, the eligibility criteria, and other quite important information regarding the award scheme.
Table of Contents
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 Summary
- Level of Study: – Masters, Ph.D.
- Host Institution (s): Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
- Study in: – Japan
- Courses: – There is no restriction on the field of research
- Deadline: April 30, 2023/October 31, 2023
- Gender: Women and women
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 Coverage
Below is the value cover of the Honjo International scholarship;
- ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
- ¥ 150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
- Travel expenses for attending an international conference, etc.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are to study the following eligibility criteria carefully before applying for the scholarship;
- Required English language and Japenese
- Students from world countries who do not possess Japanese citizenship
- In principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, students who can submit a research plan are eligible to apply.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the Ph.D. program must have been born after August 31, 1984. Students applying for master’s programs must have been born after August 31, 1989.
- The student should have a strong will to serve in his/her home country after graduation. This doesn’t mean having employment guaranteed already or to return his/her home country immediately after graduating from the University.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill and must attend the events organized by the foundation, and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry on an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
How To Apply For The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023
Applicants are to study the instructions below carefully to facilitate the application process;
Enter “web application system“. Fill out the application form and upload the following required documents.
- Academic transcript
From the undergraduate course of the University where you graduated and any other courses that you are currently taking or have taken in the past. If you transferred to the University, the transcript from the previous school is needed. All the applicants must provide at least the academic transcript from the undergraduate course Photocopies are acceptable.
- A scholarship application form, a resume, and a personal information form; make sure to attach your photo to the application form. Download the above forms provided on the website. Fill them in Japanese by typed or hand-written.
- In Japanese, describe focusing around the following four points; an outline of your research; projected schedule between now and graduation; plans and goals for the future; research you have conducted in the past (if any)
- One recommendation letter from an academic supervisor. (This confidential letter should mention the applicant’s academic achievements, character/personality, and his/her potential for the future.) There is no limit on the number of pages or style. If your former academic supervisor knows about you well, you can ask him/her for your recommendation letter.
- A certificate of enrollment or a letter of admission. In case the entrance examination has been held yet, or successful candidates of the entrance examination will not have been announced before you apply for this scholarship, write down the scheduled date of the examination or announcement of the result at the bottom of the application form. If you are already enrolled in a graduate school, please provide a certificate of current enrollment.
- One recommendation letter from an academic supervisor.
- For 1, 4 & 5: Please prepare those documents in Japanese or English. If you have documents in other languages, please attach either Japanese or English translations.
Below are links to other scholarships;
- Princeton University 2023 EITM Summer Institute Programs For Graduate Students; Apply Now
- Global Fund For Women 2023 Adolescent Girls Advisory Council Program Worldwide; Apply Now
- Einstein Forum/Wittenstein Foundation 2023 Einstein Fellowship For Researchers Worldwide; Apply Now
- European University Institute 2023 Young Africa Leaders Program For African Countries; Apply Now
- Government Of Brunei Darussalam 2023-2024 Scholarships For International Students; Apply Now
- Geneva Academy Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded); Apply Now
- Erasmus University MBA Scholarship 2023 Netherlands; Apply Now
Applicants can share this post if they found it to be helpful.