Have you ever thought about pursuing further education but faced financial constraints? Are you a citizen of a Commonwealth country? If so, the Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship 2023 might be just what you need to achieve your academic goals. Have you ever thought about pursuing further education but faced financial constraints? Are you a citizen of a Commonwealth country? If so, the Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship 2023 might be just what you need to achieve your academic goals.
Do you want to know more about this scholarship program? Who is eligible to apply? What are the benefits of the scholarship? How can you apply? We will answer all these questions and more in this article.
Table of Contents
Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship 2023
The Commonwealth Distance Learning programme is one of three Master’s programmes offered by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission. Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to access training and skills required for sustainable development not available in their home countries.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidate from eligible low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to undertake part-time taught Master’s study with UK universities while remaining in their home countries.
The Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship under six CSC Development themes.
- Full tuition fee coverage for eligible courses.
- Study grants where required.
- Study from your home.
- No requirement to travel
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Helena
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
Document Required for The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship
- Proof that the applicant is a citizen or has refugee status in an eligible Commonwealth country: a copy of a valid passport (or national ID card) showing a photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship
- Full transcripts detailing all higher education qualifications, including to-date transcripts for any courses currently being studied, with certified translations if not in English
- References from at least two individuals, on institutional letterhead or an email clearly showing the sender’s details
- Curriculum Vitae
Applications for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for the 2023/24 academic year are now open.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 28 March 2023 at 16:00 (GMT).
Candidates must apply and secure admission to study an approved Master’s course at a participating UK university in addition to applying for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship.
Apply for The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship via the CSC’s online application system.
Get details on how to complete the application form.
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships. Universities will put forward their selected candidates to the CSC by 9 May 2023. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme and universities will inform candidates of their results in July 2023.
Selection criteria include:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
For enquiries visit the the CSC Scholarships and Fellowships page.
- The Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship in Australia, 2023.
- Great Scholarships 2023 British Council UK (Fully-funded); Apply Now
- Kingston University Scholarships 2023 UK; Apply Now
- Top Scholarships In UK For International Students; Apply Now
- Imperial College London Presidents PhD Scholarships. 2023
- The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship. Apply Now.
- Think Big Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 at the University of Bristol. Apply Now
In conclusion, the Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship 2023 offers a valuable opportunity for citizens of Commonwealth countries who wish to pursue higher education through distance learning. This scholarship not only provides financial assistance, but also connects recipients with a network of scholars, mentors, and alumni for professional development and academic collaboration.
If you are a citizen of a Commonwealth country who has completed undergraduate studies and wishes to pursue a postgraduate degree or diploma through distance learning, we encourage you to apply for this scholarship. The application process is simple and straightforward, and the benefits of the scholarship are numerous.
Don’t let financial constraints prevent you from pursuing your academic goals. Apply for the Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship 2023 and take the first step towards a brighter future. The deadline for applications is fast approaching, so don’t wait any longer. Apply now and unlock your potential!