Are you an international student looking to pursue your academic dreams in Canada? Are you seeking for funding opportunities to help make your dreams a reality? Look no further than the Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students! This scholarship program is specifically designed to support outstanding students from around the world who wish to pursue their studies in Quebec, Canada.
In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about the Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students, including eligibility criteria, application process, and the benefits of the program. So, let’s dive in and discover this amazing scholarship opportunity that could be your key to success!
Table of Contents
All You Need to Know About The Quebec Merit Scholarship for International Students
The Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students (QMSFS) is a prestigious scholarship programme that provides financial assistance to international students who wish to pursue their studies at the master’s or doctoral level in Quebec, Canada. The Quebec Merit Scholarship allows recipients to benefit from a scholarship, an exemption from the differential tuition fees paid by international students, and health insurance and hospitalization coverage provided by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
The program is funded by the Quebec Ministry of Education and Higher Education and aims to attract the best international students to Quebec’s universities and to promote international research collaborations.
To be eligible for the Quebec Merit Scholarship Foreign Students, international students must meet the following requirements:
- must pursue studies or research activities at a Québec university, in a doctoral or post-doctoral fellowship program or as part of a short-term research stay or professional development.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent) in their previous studies.
- Must not have previously received a merit scholarship from the Quebec Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- Must have been accepted to a Quebec university for a master’s or doctoral program.
You can check the Quebec Merit Scholarship Foreign Students portal for more information on the eligibility criteria.
Benefits of the Quebec Merit Scholarship Foreign Student
The Quebec Merit Scholarship Foreign Students provides recipients with several benefits, including:
- Tuition fees exemption for the duration of the scholarship
- Monthly living allowance ranging from $1,300 to $1,600 depending on the level of studies
- Health insurance coverage provided by the Quebec government
The application process for the QMSFS varies depending on the level of studies. For master’s students, the application process is managed by individual universities. Interested candidates should contact the university’s scholarship office to inquire about the application process, deadline, and required documents.
For doctoral students, the application process is managed by the Quebec Research Fund (FRQ). Candidates should first register on the FRQ’s online application portal and select the QMSFS as their funding option. The application package should include transcripts, letters of recommendation, a research proposals, and proof of acceptance to a Quebec university.
The Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students can be awarded based on the following selection criteria:
- Academic excellence of the candidate
- Relevance of the proposed research project to Quebec’s research priorities
- Quality of the research proposal
- Language proficiency (French or English depending on the language of instruction of the program)
- Contribution to the diversity of Quebec’s research community
- The Ontario Trillium Scholarships: Supporting Outstanding Graduate Students in Ontario
- 2023 Nottingham Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship. Apply Now.
- International Ambassadors Scholarship at the University of West London. Apply Now.
- University Of Mississippi 2023 International Undergraduate Students Scholarships – Apply Now
- EU-ECOWAS 2023 Scholarships Program On Sustainable Energy For Students From ECOWAS Member States (Fully-funded)- Apply Now
Frequently Asked Questions on The Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students
What is the Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students?
The Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students is a scholarship program that is specifically designed to support outstanding international students who wish to pursue their studies in Quebec, Canada.
What are the eligibility criteria for this scholarship?
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum average of 3.0 (out of 4.3)
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a full-time study program at a Quebec university
- Have a valid study permit for Quebec
- Meet the specific eligibility requirements for the scholarship level for which they are applying
What are the scholarship levels available?
There are three levels of scholarship available:
- Master’s degree: $25,000 per year for up to two years
- Doctoral degree: $35,000 per year for up to three years
- Postdoctoral research: $50,000 per year for up to two years
How can I apply for this scholarship?
Students can apply for the Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students through the online application system of the FRQNT (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies) or FRSQ (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé), depending on their field of study.
When is the application deadline for this scholarship?
The application deadline for the scholarship varies depending on the scholarship level. The deadlines are typically in the fall of each year, but applicants should check the scholarship website for the specific deadline for their level of study. However the deadline for 2023 applications hasn’t been announced yet.
What are the benefits of the Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students?
The Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students provides financial support to international students who want to pursue their studies in Quebec, Canada. In addition to the financial benefits, the scholarship also provides opportunities for students to develop their research and academic skills, as well as to build networks with other students and researchers in Quebec.
In conclusion, the Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students is an excellent opportunity for international students who want to pursue their studies in Quebec, Canada. This scholarship program provides financial support to students at the master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral research levels. With this scholarship, students can focus on their studies and research, while also building their academic and research skills, and developing their networks with other students and researchers in Quebec. If you are an international student interested in pursuing your studies in Quebec, be sure to check out this scholarship program and see if you are eligible to apply.